About Mohr Collaborative
Mohr Collaborative has been serving global banks for 10 years, providing a unique combination of leadership development and innovation training. This is a fun, extremely flexible job for a client-facing person with a financial services background, experience and interest in innovation, and strong consulting skills.
The coach’s job is to get participants to innovate, work effectively as teams, and address and execute against our clients’ strategic goals.
Coaches guide teams of “high-potential” participants through a structured process of finding an opportunity, developing an innovative solution, building internal support and ultimately pitching the idea to the most senior executives with the real expectation that it will be taken up by the business and implemented.
Coaches act as both consultant and teacher, critiquing their business plans, as well as coaching their performance as individuals and as teams.
- Teaching/facilitation experience.
- Strong business acumen.
- Creative thinker with broad ranging interests and curiosity.
- Familiarity with the hurdles involved in generating and driving innovative ideas, especially in large organizations.
- Excellent communication skills in facilitating groups, writing critiques (including with non-native English speakers).
- Domain and/or consulting expertise in large financial service firms.
- Experience with innovation initiatives in financial services firms preferred.
- Venture capital experience is preferred.
- Pre-program meetings, weekly 1-hour calls or longer in-person meetings
- Opening session, approx. 1 week in person
- Coaching by videoconf/phone/email/IM, approx. 1 day/week for 13-15 weeks
- Closing session, 2-3 days, in person
- Final evaluation and follow-up as needed